Saturday, November 13, 2010

RAD - Rite Aid Deals!!

I don't usually shop at Rite Aid. I don't think of it as a store really, just a pharmacy that has some extra stuff....usually way more expensive than the gorcery store stuff. So I usually just pass on by to my neighborhood store. I should also mention, that I don't have a Rite Aid by my house. However, at work we are going to Rite Aid ALL the time to get prescriptions and smokes ;).
I was briefly going through all the grocery smart lists...which can be found using their website or by looking in the PYP forums. (If you don't know what PYP is, you will find a link and more info in the previous posts). I found that Rite Aid had some great deals, especially because they have a place where you can earn manufacturer coupons online by watching videos...and still use your other manufacturer coupons from the paper or from the internet.

Score....I thought to myself. But, then it looked a little tricky. You have to buy so much of each brand to make sure you get the UP Rewards (Rite Aid's money saving system ;) ). Then it looks like many of their items are on sale for buy 1 get 1, but how does figure into what the cost is when you are calculating UP Rewards. Do you take the before sale price or the after sale price.... I still am not sure.

But I do know how the trip went. Unfortunately, today was the last day of the current ad, so many items were completely sold out, which made me sad. I was able to get:

Hair Color from Garnier Nutrisse
Facial Cleanser from Garnier
Macial Scrub from Garnier
Hair Curl Mousse from Garnier
2 tubes Crest toothpaste
2 bags of Halls coughdrops

Normally these items would have rung up for 40$, I paid 12.35$ after coupons, but then....UP Rewards program prints off "coupons" onto the reciept I can use at my next purchase. But these aren't really coupons, just money back. So I had 11$ of money back on my reciept. This means I can go back and buy whatever I want for 11$ and not have to pay a dime, because I have essentially already paid for it.

So at this point, I guess I don't yet know ALL the items I was able to get at Rite Aid for that 12.35$. I hope that I can just keep rolling these over...that would be SWEET!

No comments:

Post a Comment