Saturday, February 26, 2011

I'm Gushing!!

about the great deals that I just got at my local Smith's store. I got some real good for me food and some real good for emotionally eating food ;)

They have a promo going right now, until Wed 3/2/11, called the Daytona promo. Every 10 items (mix and match) that you purchase, that are included in the promo, gets an automatic 3$ off and a 3$ off coupon toward your next purchase. WOOHOO!

I should preface this with the fact that they had this sale last week and we ended up buying Joe 120$ worth of Diet Coke. It was the only thing in the cart, and I did it twice. 20 boxes of Diet Coke. Ok, I lied 18 boxes of Diet Coke and 2 boxes of Coke Zero for me. The price came out to approx. 5.69$ for a 20 pack, so we stocked up.

I went back today to get some other items, food and non food. Some were still in this promo deal others were just on a 10 for 10$ sale....here goes....

(I did two transactions so that I could benefit from an extra 2$ catalina coupon, but I will list them here as only one trip to save time)

I got:
4 bottles of Dial Soap (small)
1 soap refill (64 oz)
10 boxes of Gushers
2 boxes of cereal bars (cinnamon toast crunch and cherrios flavor)
4 yoplait greek yogurts (blueberry and strawberry)
1 Pillsbury brownie bites bag
1 pillsbury brownie bowl box (2 in a package I guess)
2 boxes of Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap
3 Banquet Brown and serve turkey sausage boxes
1 jug? of Purex laundry detergent

Retail price of all of these lovely items is ~89$
I paid.....
.....
.....
...
33.25$
which is a savings of ~63%
BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE
At the checkout, I recieved more promo dollars, so I have a 5$ off my next visit coupon :)
I am debating getting more items, but I think I have enough.
Of course, you may have already thought that 10 boxes of gushers was excessive, but I am here to tell you it isn't. Don't you judge me!!!
I LOVE GUSHERS! They are so tasty and normally 3.29$ per box.
Tune in next time for some more grocery ramblings of Jen (insert fuzzy t.v. noise here).....

No comments:

Post a Comment