Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I am a coupon freak

Well, it is official. I am a coupon freak. You may think that I am crazy, you may think that I am lame. Or you may just think I am PURE GENIOUS!!!

After realizing that although the grocery guru had helped me a lot, I could not keep up with his mealplans, I went in search of others who could help me coupon. I found the most spectacluar site in the web.....I think

www.pinchingyourpennies.com

It covers all states, but UT, AZ and ID are the most active. UT is the most active by about 10X AZ or ID. I usually see between 50 and 100 people viewing the site at the same time I am.

I will now tell you why I am officially a coupon freak.

I went to the store following some great advice from my buddies on PYP (pinching your pennies). I used coupons that I downloaded and printed off the internet all in conjunction with another sale that was going on. I got:
1 California Pizza Kitchen Pizza
1 box of 16 corndogs (fosterfarms)
4 bags of Halloween candy (16oz)
4 chips ahoy to go cups
2 boxes mac and cheese
2 velveeta microwaveable cups
1 box hotpockets
2 8-packs of juicy juice
2 Jello pudding boxes
1 family sized frozen bag broccolini
Large conatiner of spinach
small container of mushrooms
can of La Choy chinese noodles

All of this for $23.33, but I had a smith's reward for 10$ off = 13.33 AND a coupon printed at the register that will give me 3$ off my next shopping visit (no matter what I buy).

Then I started reading about Beer Rebates (look at PYP for more info). No beer purchase required. I send them my receipt showing certain purchases, they send me a check back for a certain amount. Awesome.

Next trip:

3 California Pizza kitchen pizzas
2 boxes of hot pockets
4 boxes of Jello

I had coupons for everything and the store was doing a sale.....

Total, about 9$ MINUS the 3$ off coupon from last shopping trip...$5.81
BUT wait there is still more. I have a beer rebate that gives me 6$ back because of the pizzas I bought....so all in all, this shopping trip cost me.......-19cents. They are paying me to take that food. ;) This is the world I love to live in.

They are having a sale on London Broil Steak tomorrow. I have a Beer Rebate for steak. That means I will get 4 pounds of steak for $6, after all the rebates/coupons are done.



I could get used to this

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I saw something on the news a long time ago, about how it's Utah and the beer rebate stuff. Kind of funny.

    Good job on the couponing!

    ReplyDelete