SO after working with the guru and finding a TON more good info online, I decided...I DO need a second newspaper subscription. I tried the online chat help tool...was disconnected twice. I called the office. The recording was voice activated and she kept saying she didn't understand what I said...I have no accent people. How the HECK! is she not understanding me. I finally got a person...wait, disconnected. GRRRRR. One more try. I get a person :). I am so excited.
Me: I would like to change my subscription please. I would like to get 2 sunday papers instead of 1...and I would like to cancel the papers I get on Fri/Sat because I don't use them. (you had to choose that option to get the discount initially)
Newspaper lady: Well, right now you are getting the F/S/Su papers for 38 c a week. If you change the papers you get we will have to do a different start date and then it would be 1.50$ a week.
Me: So 1.50$ and i get 2 sunday papers?
Newspaper lady: No, that is just for 1 sunday paper. If you want 2 sunday papers, it will be 3$.
Me: Ok, so how about I keep the subscription I have now for 38 c, and add 1 Sunday paper for 1.50$ extra. (me thinking that $1.88 will be worth it)
Newspaper lady: You can't do that. In order to add 1 Sunday paper you have to change how your account works.
Me:.............Um...ok.......(I really was thinking if I wanted to pay 3$/week for the paper or just get by one the one)
Newspaper lady: What we can do is, double your entire subscription and double your price, so you would get 2F/2S/2Su papers for 75 c.
Me:.....................
............................
...........................Yeah, let's do that. (I am thinking this is AWESOME and completely stupid at the same time, because now I will have 4 papers that I won't use).
Newspaper Lady: OK, you just have to pay the difference of 16.21 for the rest of the year of your subscription.
Me: Can I pay online?
Newspaper Lady: Yes, you can pay online, I will post the charge to your account.
Me: Thank you, I am paying it right now.
Newspaper Lady: Is there anything else I can help you with.
Me: No, this is great. Thank you.
Then our goodbyes were exchanged.
And now I get 6 papers instead of 3...when I only wanted 2. They have to drive to my house 3 times a week...instead of the 1 that I wanted. I was about to pay them $1.88 per week, but she told me I could only do it if I paid 75c a week. Why is that better for them?
This week, my 2 Sunday papers came. Inside, they had made a mistake and gave me 2 coupon inserts in each paper...so I have 4 coupon inserts.......sigh :)
No comments:
Post a Comment